- a. What Comes in the Pack?
- b. Gold Buying Regulations
- c. How Gold is Tested
- d. Price Match Guarantee
- e. Security (includes Secure Facility page)
- f. Where is My Tracking Number?
What Comes in Your Jewelry Return Pack
Your FREE jewelry return pack should arrive at your address as soon as three or four days after your request. However, depending on the speed of the mail, it may take up to 14 days.Inside, you’ll find:
- A special welcome letter
- An informational brochure explaining our process
- A durable, sealed plastic bag for your gold items
- A pre-paid, secure envelope for return insured up to $100 at no cost – If you feel your items may be worth more, please take out additional insurance at the time of mailing
- When returning the packet, don’t forget to fill out the “Description of Contents” section in the brochure. Here, you should list out everything that you are shipping so that when Cash4Gold receives your pack we can confirm that everything was received.
Place your jewelry in the plastic bag and put this and the completed description in the secure envelope. Notice that there is no mention of Cash4Gold or words that there are “valuables” contained inside. It’s a generic envelope. This is important when keeping your items safe in transit.
Before placing the pack in the mail, please record the tracking number at the top of the envelope. You can use this number to track your pack through the mail with our secure package tracking feature.
The envelope’s postage has been pre-paid, so you don’t need to put any stamps on it. Send it out with no cost to you.
To request your free return jewelry pack, please fill out the form to the right.
Gold-Buying RegulationsCash4Gold in Compliance with First-Ever Online Gold-Buying Law
The first law of its kind regulating the mail-in gold buying industry was signed into law by the governor of Florida in June 2009. New legislation was needed since the industry had just emerged in 2007, and the laws that were on the books didn’t take into account the new and unique business model pioneered by Cash4Gold.
Unlike many of its gold-buying competitors, Cash4Gold strongly supported the implementation of new legislation (known officially as Part III of Chapter 538) to increase the transparency of the industry to law enforcement. Cash4Gold worked closely with lawmakers to craft the language of the bill.
One of the most significant aspects of the new statute is that it requires mail-in gold-buying companies to keep detailed records of all transactions, including digital photographs of all items received, and to publish this information on a secure database which can be accessed by law enforcement.
Before the law went into effect Cash4Gold was already keeping detailed records, photographing items it received from customers and working with law enforcement agencies from around the country.
Today, all transactions are added by Cash4Gold to the law enforcement database. Cash4Gold requires personal information from its customers in order to complete transactions while remaining in full compliance with the new law.
Every Cash4Gold customer must supply a government-issued ID number or their personal information can be run through a national database to confirm identity. All customers must also sign a sworn statement that they are of legal age, the owners of the property with the right to sell the items, and that all information supplied by them is true and correct.
How Gold Is TestedCash4Gold Passes the Test
Cash4Gold takes the process of testing your gold or jewelry very seriously. We use a combination of the latest technology and hands-on testing processes to accurately test your gold. Cash4Gold testers have 3 testing methods available to them: electronic testing, scratch testing and x-ray fluorescence scanning.Electronic Testing
Jewelry that is received by Cash4Gold is first subjected to a state-of-the art electronic testing device. An alligator clip attaches the metal to the small device. After a few drops of test solution are placed on the test area, the machine quickly and accurately provides the gold quality (measured in karats) on its digital display screen.
In the event that the quality of the gold measured by the electronic tester differs from the quality of the gold as reported by the customer who sent it in, the piece will then undergo a second test—the scratch test. The scratch method is the oldest method used in the jewelry industry, and you may have seen it performed by a jeweler or pawn shop operator.Scratch Testing
Scratch testing involves the use of needles verified as having certain levels of gold and low-grade acid solutions corresponding to each karat level. By treating the pieces with acid and comparing scratches from the needles, the tester can confirm what kind of gold is contained in the piece.X-Ray Fluorescence Testing
If both the electronic testing and scratch methods do not confirm clear results, pieces are subjected to an X-ray fluorescence scan. The machine used for this test is an incredibly powerful and remarkably expensive state-of-the-art device capable of providing detailed analysis by measuring the intensity of the generated gold X-rays by wavelength dispersion analysis. When testing is complete, a full report indicates the percentages of gold content as well as other alloying metals such as copper, silver, zinc, etc. This method is remarkably accurate.
Getting fair payments to our customers is a top priority, so the accuracy of gold testing is very important to us.
Request your FREE Cash4Gold Jewelry Return Pack to the right and start receiving cash for gold today!
Price Match Guarantee
If you receive a higher, itemized valid written offer from a mail-in gold buyer (who does not own or operate or is not affiliated with any retail location and who buys precious materials exclusively for its melt value) within 30 days prior or after the date of our payment to purchase the same specific jewelry, we will match that offer plus pay you an amount equal to 10% of the other offer (100% of their offer + 10% additional = 110% in your pocket).
You must notify us of the other higher offer no later than 30 days after the date of our invoice to you. The 110% Price-Match Guarantee does not alter or extend our 10 day return policy. We reserve the right to request you provide us the original written offer you received so we can verify the validity and terms of the other offer.
SecuritySafe. Secure. Professional.
You are shipping goods that have the potential for holding high value. We want you to know that your transaction is safe and secure. Here are some fast facts that you should know.Safe Shipment
- The envelope you send to us holding your jewelry is strong and durable.
- The envelope is generic – providing no indication of its contents.
- You are able to track your pack online.
- Your shipment is insured at no cost for up to $100. You can purchase more insurance from the post office if you desire or send using another private shipping company.
- Shipments are picked up by a bonded armored truck and taken directly to our facility.
- The post office provides a detailed report on the number of packs sent that is checked-in upon arrival.
- When your package arrives at our facility, the contents are photographed and compared to the itemized list that you provided.
- If you choose to have your items returned, then photographs are once again taken to verify that all your items are going into the return package.
- All people, including employees, are checked by armed guards and metal detectors prior to entering and leaving the building.
- Armed guards and high definition security cameras ensure that no jewelry leaves the building.
- The building is a complete “vault” – there are no windows and the walls are built like a vault, thick and secure.
Selling your gold to Cash4Gold is a safe, secure transaction. Request your FREE Jewelry Return Pack today!